FIRST, SET UP YOUR XOnet:
- Power up your XOnet by connecting the AC adapter that came with it to the micro USB port on the back of the unit.
- Connect the XOnet to your network router at your home or office with the included Ethernet cable. You may also install the XOnet between the broadband modem and router if necessary. You may also install the XOnet between the broadband modem and router, but then you will not have remote access to your Local Network.
- Open your browser and go to http://xonet.local. The default user is admin, and the default password is any four characters, and we strongly encourage you to change the password.
- Once set up and logged in, leave the browser window open on the XOkey tab.
REGISTERING YOUR XOkey WITH THE XOnet:
- Here’s the cool part! Connect your XOkey to its adapter and plug it into the front of your waiting XOnet. About 15 seconds after plugging the XOkey in, a button that says “Register XOkey” should pop up on the XOkey page. Click on this and follow the instructions to set up.
- Once this is completed, you will be notified when it is safe to remove your XOkey.
- Once registered, go to the XOkey key page and click Enable to finalize your installation.
- Remember your password for the XOkey. You can use the same password for the XOnet, or it can be different.
INITIALIZING YOUR XOkey:
- Connect your XOkey to your laptop using the supplied adapter or a short cable.
- If your computer doesn’t automatically try to install the host software, open your browser and select the appropriate installation program for your computer.
- You are good to go!
USING XO WARE:
- Using the Virtual Private Exonetwork (VPEx) you just set up with your XOnet and XOkey: The next time you connect to an open wireless network outside of your home or office network, plug the XOkey into your computer and click on the XO icon.
- You will be taken to the Gateways page, where you can then connect to your registered XOnet. You’re protected.